Monday, December 6, 2010

Don't go!!!!

This past Thursday I had to do the sadest thing and it completely broke my heart to tell my kiddos at school that I am going home to South Africa soon and  that I won't be here when they return for English class next year. With only three weeks left before the school year ends, I thought it wise to do it now, hoping that it wouldn't be as sad later. I was wrong!!!! Telling them was awfull to say the least ....and it got only worse when some of my girls burst out in tears and begged me not to go!!! Even the boys looked like somebody stole their candy and teaching after that was just impossible. Everybody was gloomy and sad, me most of all, and not even a game of "Simon Says" could cheer us up!

Hoping that the next day would be better and stupidly bargaining that the kiddos would forget, I was greeted with this message:




It says:
(Truchen South-Africa Go No!!! with lots of "I love you's")

Gosh, this is going to be a lot harder than I thought!!!!

3 comments:

Marie said...

oh this is so sweet of them !! kids can really make your heart melt, can't they ? enjoy every minute of your last 3 weeks with them. Sending you a big hug xx

Jill said...

Ahhhh, what little schmooches! You are obvioulsy EXTREMELY loved!!!

Nell said...

Bless you and your little children! Of course they're going to miss you - i bet you're such an awesome teacher! Enjoy the next 3 weeks with them xxx