Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Current Obsessions: Autumn 2013


 
 


Oh, if I was a rich girl (dababadadiebediebedam)....

Lately I've been a tad bit obsessed with swans, especially these beauties  from Etsy. Unfortunately they are near impossible to find here in Cape Town. This past weekend I went to Milnerton Market but no luck and after scouring most of Cape Towns vintage shops, I am close to giving up hope. My other option is using Etsy but I am just not so sure about shipping porcelain?!

Do yourself a favor and go this see movie. Its so incredibly beautiful. You will laugh and cry and walk out with a fuzzy feeling, I promise! If you are anything like me, you might also walk away with a little crush on the amazingly talented Omar Sy.

I cannot wait for the latest Frankie Magazine to arrive here in South Africa.

Chrysanthemums are back in season and I cannot be happier.

A blessed day it was when I discovered Vamp, all tucked away in Woodstock. They sell the most amazing vintage furniture and as if that is not enough to steal my heart, they are also one of the VERY few Frankie suppliers in Cape Town.

Vintage pillow cases, like these I  posted on my Instagram, are my new favorite addition to my bedroom.

This lovely blog by  Miss Moss made my day!

Hope your April is a lovely one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Regarding the swans, this is a post which may interest you on a blog I follow: http://nesthomegrown.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/vintage-blown-glass-swans/
They're in Durban so you'll still have the postage issue though :(

Truchen said...

Thank you Helen, Ill definitely have a look! Durban is still closer than the States. You are a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

More regarding the swans . . . THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU!!! for including Period Elegance's swans in your beautiful blog! I only just realized or would have written sooner. I have shipped porcelain and crystal all over the world so I would have no hesitation shipping to you. :-) Best to you and again, thank you for sharing my swans with your readers! Julia from www.PeriodElegance.etsy.com

Truchen said...

It's such a pleasure Julia. You have some amazing stuff!