Monday, July 4, 2011

Alcove Agony

I recently moved into a new place.
It's a beautiful, teeny-tiny apartment with wooden floors, stained glass windows and high ceilings!
 I love it so much and it really feels like home!!!
I promise to post pictures soon but first I need your help...

My new beautiful, teeny home has not one but TWO alcoves - one in my bedroom and one in the living room. I love these alcoves and they definitely add to the character of the rooms BUT I'm totally clueless as to how I should use them.

I liked this picture...


...in which the alcove doubles as an office space.
 I have to admit that it would be extremely functional in a small space like mine and I am sort of sold on this idea but....

...I still need a bedroom-alcove-solution!
I have a vintage teacup collection but somehow it doesn't seem like the smartest option with a little kitten around and two bookshelves in one (tiny) apartment just seem a bit unnecessary.
Any ideas?

(picture from www.piniterest.com)

No comments: