Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jaded (belated) birthday!




During my recent trip to China, I completely fell in love with Jade and it was especially on a pair of studs (similar to the picture above) that I lost my heart. Because the Jade factory, where I spotted the beauties, was aimed at tourists and very pricey and they didn't bargain down prices either, everybody told me that I could find a cheaper pair somewhere else. Unfortunately it wasn't true and after searching the entire Silk Market, I left China without pretty Jade earrings and very disappointed!

Luckily this story has a happy ending!!!
Yesterday whilst shopping in a Korean market, something greenish coughed my eye on the table of jewellery I was busy admiring.....my beloved Jade studs!!!!! I couldn't believe my luck and immediately snatched them up. Even greater was my joy when they came at a fraction of the original China price!!! Without further hesitation I put my new earrings on and haven't taken them of since!!! I just love them so much and can't help but smile every time I catch a green shimmer when I look in the mirror!

My mom gave me some birthday money which I haven't spend yet, so I bought my new Jade pretties with it! Thank you Mommy!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

ahh how exciting! they're gorgeous!

Hayley said...

So pretty!

Jasmin said...

Thank you sweethearts! Glad you like them too! Have you bought any interesting jewellery lately? Please share!