Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving


Hope you all have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Being South-African, this was my first Thanksgiving ever and I had so much fun! My dearest friend Jill an her boyfriend Aaron invited us over and together we shared in this thankful fest with some mashed potatoes, roast Chicken (because Turkey is impossible to find here in Korea) and yummy side dishes! Sadly, no Pumpkin Pie was to be found either so we opted for apple pie instead!

I LOVE Thanksgiving and I am planning to go on celebrating this holiday, regardless .....

So often we don't get to pause and be thankful for all those things that make our cup runneth over, so I thought 'Id share a view here on my blog:

* First of all, I am thankful to God for blessing me so richly. It is from Him that all these other things come and I'm in awe of His love for me!

* I am thankful for my awesome family - my mom and two sisters - who definitely brighten my life with their awesomeness.

* I am so thankful for Chris - not only is he the best kisser in the world, but he is my best friend and the one person who really gets me. I am so incredibly thankful to be blessed with such an amazing, wise, good looking, caring, hard working, patient, supportive boyfriend who makes me giggle all the time and never lets me cry!

* I am thankful for my girl friends who fills my life with lots of laughter, cups of tea, girl talk and shopping! My life would've been dull without them.

* I am thankful for a job that warms my heart each day and give real purpose to my life, little kiddos whom I love to love and a co-teacher/friend that really makes my job such a joyous affair.

* I am thankful for an dream-come-true opportunity to live in Asia and travel the world

* I am thankful for all the joy that blogging has brought me.

* Oh, and then I am also thankful for strawberry yogurt, Earl Grey tea, macaroons and yellow!



Image found here

2 comments:

Marie said...

happy thanksgiving lady ! I'm glad you got to celebrate it in Korea xx

Nell said...

Hope you're having a lovely weekend! Lots of love xx