Sunday, October 31, 2010

10 Reasons why I love autumn....

I love autumn!!! It is, by far, my favorite season and there is something magical about this time of year when nature changes and Mother Earth, with all her creatures, are preparing for the winter slump. My fondest memories are of my mother bottling fruit, collecting acorns with my gran and drinking red wine with a friend around a cosy fireplace. But there are many other reasons like...

Spicy butternut soup and...

..apples... becoming my staple diet...

... the smell of cinnamon in the air....

....Halloween......

...Its time to dig out those cardigans...

..and start knitting mittens.....

...Its cold enough to light the fire place....

..and drink lots and lots of  chai tea....

..or a nice glass of red wine...

.....Oh, and my favorite color grow on  trees!!!

Hope you had a lovely Halloween!!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ditto friend! I miss you!