Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sick in bed!


Lately my life has been a bit crazy!! My body has been telling me ever since Monday that I should just take a breather and relax but I chose to ignore the warning signals of headache's and sore throat. The result?! This morning I woke up with a pounding headache, sore throat, and the sniffles. I think going to bed with wet hair, while the air conditioning was on full blast, mustve been the last straw. Anyhow, as I woke up this morning I just knew that there was no way in hell that I could go teach, so I phoned my trusty co-teacher and left my kiddo's in his capable hands.

Although being sick sucks, I must admit that I did enjoy today - not getting into anything other than a pair of fresh pajamas and sleeping for practically the whole day. I drank some Med-Lemon (the best SA cold remedy ever!!! Chris also swears by it as a hangover cure?!), crept into bed and slept, slept, slept. Luckily I had some Samgyeatang (Korean Chicken soup) in my fridge so I could nurse myself back to health just like my mother would've done and when I woke up at 4, feeling much better, I watched "Silk" - an awesome awesome movie!

I'm feeling much better now, and although it kinda suck to be sick, I do think its wonderful how our bodies can tell us when its time to take some "time out"!!!

(credit: image by google images)

1 comment:

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Oh get well soon!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: would you like to win a Hallelu Rebecca hobo bag to ease the pain? Hurry! Hurry! :)