Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lovely Lyon











Being proudly South African, it was just right that I should go check out the only  place in France named after lions. Right? Well, I wasn't sorry at all. Smaller than Paris but still a city, I was completely in my element amongst the old houses, beautiful cathedrals and rivers running through this beautiful city. Lyon also has one of the nicest museums I've ever been to. If you are ever in the area, the Musee des Beaux Arts is really something worth seeing.

After the mad rush of Paris, trying to fit everything I wanted to see in 4 days, Lyon was a calm refuge. My days were spend enjoying coffee and pastries in the abundance of bakeries, walking through the old parts of the city, shopping at H&M (which I love but sadly don't have here in South Africa), visiting beautiful parks, shopping at outdoor markets and eating some more. No surprise when I came back home a full 3 kg heavier. But Lyon was lovely, and I was sad to say goodbye to this lovely city with its two rivers, little cobble stone streets, lovely vibe and all the pastries.

No comments: