Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Things before Thirty # 1: Marathon

I am a list-girl.
I love list.
Whether it is planning my wardrobe or a weekend away, a budget or grocery shopping, I simply LOVE making lists.
I have to confess though that I very seldom keep to these lists.
One list that I plan to keep to though, is my "30 things to do before I am Thirty" list.
Seeing that 30 is little less than 3 and a half years away, it is time to get started so here goes:

# 1: Taking part in a marathon

I am, by no means, a fitness freak but Ive been wanting to compete in a marathon for a while now. I could lie and say its all about the training and getting ready for that big run...but really, to me its all about the tag. I always wanted to wear one of those running tags with the numbers that looks all jogger-like.

Obviously, with a running tag as main motivation, a real, hardcore marathon was out of the question. Then the iThemba Walkathon came along and I jumped at the chance. Not only was it for a good deed that lies close to my heart, a fundraiser for breast cancer awareness, but it was only 5km...and I still got to wear that tag. So me and the girls from school decided that we will do our bit for breast cancer and walk the walk.

We tied ribbons in our hair,

dressed up in tutu's,

...and joined the other 12 000 people who came along to walk with us.


It was such fun!!!

The weather, however, turned out to be a real spoilsport.

 

But not even being drenched in rain could dampen our spirits.

No comments: