Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today I am thankful for....

Being a huge fan, I recently watched Oprah's last show and except for the fact that I cried my eyes out, her speech really got me thinking....especially the part about how each of us have a calling (and thus opportunity to make a difference) in life. I am really blessed to have found my calling in teaching. I LOVE TEACHING!!!
Finding your calling does not necessarily mean that it will always be a smooth ride. Sometimes teaching is really hard work. There is a lot aspects about teaching that I don't like....most of them involves discipline...like sending naughty kids out of the class etc. Sometimes I am not very proud of myself either ....and by teaching, I realise that I still have a lot to learn about patience, kindness and unconditional love to name but a few.
Luckily God blessed me with an amazing group of girls who are not only my colleagues but also close friends. These girls share the burden, give advice, make me laugh, pour me some staffroom tea when I really need it (to name but a few)....

...and for that I am really thankful

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! They're all so young and darling! I love it!