Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today I am thankful for.............

Oh my gosh, I feel like I am about to burst with joy!!!!
How much I have to be thankful for!!!
Even though this is a bit of a  sad time (I only have another 6 days left in beautiful Korea), I am showered with blessings and love and  constantly reminded just how good God really is!!!

David, my co-teacher, right hand, hand bag carrier, shopping partner, confidant and much loved friend invited me to dinner with his family yesterday and I was astounded by the love and acceptance I've felt upon entering his home. His parents received me with open arms and although there was a language barrier, this didn't matter at all because sometimes you don't need words to communicate.
What touched my heart most, was how thoughtful and incredibly generous the Woo family is.
His mother cooked us the loveliest dinner, with all my favorite Korean disses - she even made some Miso soup specially because she knew how much I loved it.
I could hardly contain myself when after dinner, the brought out a giftwrapped package - a complete Korean tea ceremony set!
Words can't express how this incredibly sweet gesture touched my heart and a mere "thank you" is way to undescriptive for what I am feeling!

Last week my Tea master invited me for lunch with his family and in his 350 year old home, we laughed, dined and drank lost and lost of tea. Once again I felt right at home and very, very loved.
Today was our last tea class and afterwards he handed me a certificate as well as a lovely tea leaf shaped badge - not only an I now a qualified "tea server" but also his "daughter" :-)

Every Wednesday these two pretty, pretty girls and I meet for what we call "Tea for Three".
Together we talk about life, love and we laugh alot.
One of the saddest things for me about leaving Korea is the fact that I would have to say goodbye to them.
Tonight we "pinky promised" that Tea for Three will continue......via Skype.
So every Wednesday, despite the 15 000 km apart and the 7 hour time difference, we will have our weekly  tea dates.....and I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

Oooh, and then I was also lucky enough to win the prettiest of calendars from this blog
here and here!
Thank you so much Ashley and Danielle!
You just made my perfect day even more perfect!!

I've noticed a few new followers - welcome guys!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hello Truchen! Where are you moving to? & I think it's quite lovely that you are continuing "Tea for Three". =) I hope you had a Merry Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

FarmGirl said...

Just goes to show that friendliness does not cost a thing! xxx

Mackenzie said...

awww, i love the tea for three idea!
what a lovely thing skype is, my best friend who lives in philadelphia and i are going to have book club over skype. :) so so lovely

can't wait to see the next leg of your adventure!